This course will be conducted in accordance with the most stringent safety guidelines and regulations.
- All teaching will take place outdoors, in a garden.
- Theory will be presented as webinars to be studied prior to the course.
- Participants will be required to wear a well-fitting surgical mask and a face shield.
- Small group teaching.
LIMITIED TO 18 PARTICIPANTS
Level One - 75% of the muscles in the Lumbar, Cervical and Extremities regions.
Level Two – This will include the balance of the muscles and will specifically focus on the muscles considered to be of higher risk for complications.
Please note: You are able to needle muscles taught, but will not be insured for the needling of muscles you have not been taught should a complication occur.
After completing Level One and Level Two, the practitioner should be able to:
- Describe the anatomy of the involved muscles, including the action and innervations of these muscles;
- Locate the trigger points in these muscles;
- Come to a differential diagnosis;
- Identify activating and perpetuating factors for each muscle;
- Treat these trigger points using acupuncture Dry Needling;
- Provide corrective action and advice to the patient; and
- Prescribe home-based exercises to stretch and strengthen the involved muscles.
- Saturday 13 March | 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Sunday 14 March | 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- 28 (16 for the course + 12 for e-Learning)
- Standard R3650, Comm Serv R3450, R5250 when paid at the same time for both Level One and Level Two
* All courses accredited by an appropriate accrediting academic institution and or statutory authority for the relevant profession