The Exercise and Function without Pain - Treating Spinal Joint Disorders - The Multimodal Clinical Concept, How to Treat Back Pain
About the courses
We all know that exercise is good for us. As therapists, we often use exercise to reduce patients’ acute and chronic pain, increase range of motion and muscle strength. But what if your patients can’t exercise or function because pain inhibits their movement or if exercise aggravates their condition? In this course you will practice techniques which provide effective treatment of neuromusculoskeletal disorders to allow patients to exercise earlier in the rehabilitation process, pain free.
In just 5 hours you will learn:
- Clinical assessment of spinal joint disorders (lumbar, cervical and thoracic).
- Relevant clinical anatomy.
- Simple techniques to treat acute and chronic vertebral joint disorders.
- Reconciling biomechanics with pain science.
- Multimodal treatment approach for vertebral joint disorders.
- Exercise therapy for acute and chronic vertebral joint disorders.
- Live patient demonstration.
Benefits of the multimodal treatment approach:
- Restores soft tissue extensibility and joint mobility
- Reduces pain
- Relieves neural tissue pain disorders
- Improves muscle strength
- Improves proprioception
- Improves functional capabilities
- Increases therapist confidence in exercise prescription
- Saturday 9 February | 8:00 AM - 1:45 PM
- Three Workshops: 30 Ceus (15 for the workshop + 12 for e-Learning + 3 in Ethics); Two Workshops: 19 Ceus (10 for workshop + 6 for e-Learning + 3 in Ethics); One Workshop: 8 Ceus (5 for the workshop + 3 for e-Learning)
- Three Workshops: Website R2000, EFT 10% disc. R1800; Two Workshops: Website R1553, EFT 10% disc. R1400; One Workshop: Website R835, EFT 10% disc. R750;
- 80 Harrington St, Cape Town, Western Cape
* All courses accredited by an appropriate accrediting academic institution and or statutory authority for the relevant profession