Level One - 75% of the muscles in the Lumbar, Cervical and Extremities regions
Level Two – This will include the balance of the muscles and will specifically focus on the muscles considered to be of higher risk for complications.
Please note: You are able to needle muscles taught, but will not be insured for the needling of muscles you have not been taught should a complication occur.
After completing Level One and Level Two, the practitioner should be able to:
Describe the anatomy of the involved muscles, including the action and innervations of these muscles;
Locate the trigger points in these muscles;
Come to a differential diagnosis;
Identify activating and perpetuating factors for each muscle;
Treat these trigger points using acupuncture Dry Needling;
Provide corrective action and advice to the patient; and
Prescribe home-based exercises to stretch and strengthen the involved muscles.
- Saturday 24 October | 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- 17 (8 for the course + 9 for e-Learning)
- Standard R2100, Comm Service R2000
- Fritz Sonnenberg Rd, Green Point, Cape Town, 8051
* All courses accredited by an appropriate accrediting academic institution and or statutory authority for the relevant profession