Applied Psychoneuro-immunology (PNI) - Expanding Conciousness
What is Psychoneuro-immunology?
Psychoneuro-immunology (PNI), is the study of the interaction between psychological processes and the nervous and immune systems of the human body. PNI takes an interdisciplinary approach, incorporating psychology, neuroscience, immunology, physiology, genetics and pharmacology.
This three-day seminar spread over Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday half a day. The course deals with the integration of neurophysiology and its neuro-immune connections.
In a series of talks we will explore the chemistry which mediates the effects of mind states on the body: psychoneuroimmunology or PNI. The talks and demonstrations will show that we can attain optimal wellness and performance by getting to know our temperament and personality traits; by being more present-minded; and through sensible, informed ways of living and behaving.
This course will take you on a unique journey of discovery. The first part of the journey will be to introduce you to the functions of the brain and its connections to your body. Thereafter you will be guided through the mind states, their origins and their influences. This leads into the next phase which is the tools for intervention, designed to empower you to optimize your mind states and enhance body vitality. Finally, and unique to this course, you will be introduced to neurophysics - the study of the influences of consciousness on the environment beyond your own body.
Accredited also for Psychologists.
- Friday 8 May | 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
- Saturday 9 May | 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Sunday 10 May | 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM
- 20 (14 for the course + 6 Ethics e-Learning)
- Standard R2450, R1950 early-bird valid until Saturday 29 February 2020
- Fritz Sonnenberg Rd, Green Point, Cape Town, 8051
* All courses accredited by an appropriate accrediting academic institution and or statutory authority for the relevant profession