Advanced Dry Needling - Level 2. Integrating Lumbar and Cervical Regions
Level One - 75% of the muscles in the Lumbar, Cervical and Extremities regions
Level Two – This will include the balance of the muscles and will specifically focus on the muscles considered to be of higher risk for complications.
Please note: You are able to needle muscles taught, but will not be insured for the needling of muscles you have not been taught should a complication occur.
After completing Level One and Level Two, the practitioner should be able to:
- Describe the anatomy of the involved muscles, including the action and innervations of these muscles;
- Locate the trigger points in these muscles;
- Come to a differential diagnosis;
- Identify activating and perpetuating factors for each muscle;
- Treat these trigger points using acupuncture Dry Needling;
- Provide corrective action and advice to the patient; and
- Prescribe home-based exercises to stretch and strengthen the involved muscles.
- Sunday 6 October | 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- 14 (8 for the course + 6 for e-Learning)
- Standard R2000, Comm Service R1900
- 20 - 7th Street, Houghton Estate
* All courses accredited by an appropriate accrediting academic institution and or statutory authority for the relevant profession